Thread: Quilting Plans
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2014, 08:56 AM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by love to sew View Post
I suggest that you use the clear vinyl that is sold by the yard (at Joannes maybe even walmart) it is used to cover chairs or bar stools to protect the fabric from spills. ( I remember when I was a child, a neighbor covered all her furniture with it, yuck.)you the can draw and erase with a dry erase marker until you are happy with your design. It was used at the long arm quilting group I was in. They had a meeting where you could bring in a quilt top and could get suggestions from the "pros" in the group and they used it and you could then take it with you so you could remember their suggestions. It was one of the best meetings they had at least for me when I was first starting out. In fact I would love to do that again.

This is what I do too. I put it over the quilt, my vinyl has green painter's tape around the edges to remind me of where not to go past - dry erase doesn't come off fabric well - if at all.

Once I come up with a design I like, I pin the vinyl on the wall behind the frame so I have it as reference with just a glance.

I love the idea of the shower panel for practice though... a person could even haul a sheet of that around the house to play on when watching TV.