View Single Post
Old 08-26-2014, 02:53 PM
Billi

We moved less than 5 miles from home to home we found a local company that offered a a few different options. We chose to pack and label everything ourselves. They came in packed the truck drove it to the new home and unpacked it. I had gone through and put signs on the differnt rooms...and they unloaded each box into the proper destination, and placed furniture where I wanted it. It worked beautifully. With my company I could buy packing and moving supplies from them I did a few things that I wanted heavy duty protection for. All the other boxes I bought used from Craig's list and garage sales other I got from the home improvement store.

Biggest thing for us was to start packing very early and clearly label everything what room it went to for us anything without a label went straight to the garage. We also really looked at stuff do I love this? Will it fit in our new house? No to either of those questions it went into a garage sale anything that didn't sell went to good will...maybe I didn't make any money on it but atleast I didn't pay to move something I'm going to end up getting rid of anyway. We figure the money we saved on dr's bills and time off work was worth the cost of the movers...we recouped some of it by reselling all the moving boxes when we were done.