View Single Post
Old 08-26-2014, 03:30 PM
Doggramma

We've used Two Men and a Truck for single large items, like a piano or dining room set. For our big move (from one house to another a couple miles away), we used a national company. They provided all the boxes, and more boxes were available anytime I went over there and asked for more. They had specialty boxes for dishes and clothes, etc. I started a couple months ahead, going from room to room, filling boxes and stacking them. Got rid of a lot of stuff. I marked the boxes with their appropriate room, and then provided the house diagram the day of the move so all boxes ended up in the appropriate room. I don't recall how much it was, but it wasn't super expensive, probably around 800. We had one slightly damaged piece of furniture, but it wasn't a big deal to us.

My daughter has always used movers that come in and pack up everything for you. That would drive me crazy as things just end up in whatever box has room in it. The packing was semi-organized if your belongings were all organized, otherwise the remote control ends up in a box with bath towels and dirty laundry and stuff from the junk drawer.