Old 08-26-2014, 06:33 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

**passing thru**
and glad to see such lovely Eye Candy!!!

.... Anael excluded! OUCH!!!! Hope you can get that to heal up quickly and not be a constant bother.

DHMom ... Gorgeous layout and colour scheme. You might drive yourself nuts, trying to keep all the shots going in the same direction. While the warp and weft are different, letting it just happen as they land, may not be as bad as you might think.

No real idea how to estimate the fabric for you Some thoughts ... scale it out on graph paper to calculate your white space. As for the blocks, perhaps count the # blocks/tris/kites you are doing and compare to the original DJ to get your proportions and then factor that against the estimate in the DJ site. That info was somewhat hidden amidst all the sub-pages in the site, just look around for a bit!

As for how to stabilize ... press your fabric with Best Press before you start working with it. You'll get a little more body and stiffness to it. Then once done ... remove your PP papers, and press again with more BP. You will find that they can be moved around endlessly, stacked and stored .... with virtually no fraying and maintaining their press. I did that for FWS, PC and now DJ ... and those blocks were packed up and moved around a gazillion times. Even when the quilt was assembled, it made it oh so nice to work with the blocks, and so few loose threads were wandering across the back (or front) of the quilt, from fabric edges shedding!!!!

W4Me ... and if that't not perfect, I can only imagine what you are going to have as you do it more and more!! FANTASTIC! Your LQS must be thrilled to have that one added to the block collection.

OKSGlad ... I took a wander and saw your beautiful new minis!!! Spectacular!! Have your Quilt Tea jars been depleted? Or like the bottomless cups of coffee?