Old 08-27-2014, 03:09 AM
Butterflyspain

Default Little Brown Bird started and Vintage Tiles Revisted finished not quilted

I have just started this month on the mammoth task of making Little Brown Bird by Margaret Docherty. I started on the mid July. Its described as an Heirloom quilt and there are various different tecniques in the making of it, such as Stuffing the petals, hand painting it, trapunto, embroidery, needle turn applique to mention a few. I have given myself a schedule but you know "how the best laid plans of mice and men" goes off the boil sometimes.

Anyone want to join me. Its a long project but so worth it. It will take around 2 1/2 years, so not for the faint hearted. I did the Dear Jane on this board a long time ago and that was a super way to keep everyone going.

2nd quilt is just finished called vintage Tiles Revisted by Dorothy Baker. Its not yet quilted, but have just ordered a new machine so hope its going to be a great help in doing this.

Enjoy, any questions feel free to ask please.
Attached Thumbnails little-brown-bird-blk-12-cosmos-swirl-005.jpg   lbb-block-9-002.jpg   lbb-corner-triangles-005.jpg   lbb-corner-triangles-006.jpg   ros-side-panels-vtr-complete-lite-box-001.jpg