Old 08-27-2014, 04:53 AM
QuiltingNinaSue

Me, too, JeanieG. Even in the 'new' QR, the serger sits down in a box in the corner! To thread all five threads and get it stitching correctly was a royal battle at times. Embroidery machine I got on a unplanned buy may result in the same location...in its box in the corner...wrong kind to purchase although Bernina usually has good machines.

Neighbor lady called me yesterday, wanting help with designing a quilt....the blocks were done by one of her daughters years ago...dozen of them...and she wanted to 'set' them together, so that Warm pattern Ok posted was used one more time. Love it and so did she, when she seen how easy it made the piecing and top. All twenty of her grandchildren want a quilt from her now that she is retired, and then she has three new great grands coming in December.. so we looked through my three baby quilt books and she choose one that spoke to her. Wished her the best of luck and she happily left in early evening. Its a warm cozy feeling to help another quilter.

Des Moines AQS is October 1-4. She is interested in looking at a LA, trying to get two daughters to 'invest' with her. Would love to go, but lacking a driver does limit the going. Will wait and see what works out, or does not work out. What will be, will be. One day at a time. Have a great day, everyone. Smile and enjoy.