View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 07:34 AM
tessagin
Power Poster

I don't empty dresser drawers. I put a blanket or something on top of what's in the drawers. take the drawers out of the dresser, move the dresser, put the drawers back in. Cover the dresser and bungie cord or tie down the drawers so they don't fall out. Saves a lot of time! whe you get to your destination, take drawers out, move dresser to proper spot, put drawers back in. I have been known to put photos in between clothes in the drawers. Mirrors and photos won't break in the drawers. I do as much as I can for myself.
Originally Posted by IrishgalfromNJ View Post
I box up and move as much as I can in my car (household goods, clothes, small appliances) and leave the furniture and large appliances for a local mover to bring. Last time I got a little discount because my boss knew the owner of the company. If you have the furniture ready to go (I take the beds apart and empty all the dresser drawers), all they have to do is wrap it, load it, drive it over and unload it. I always have water and coke for them and I tip at the end of the trip.