View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 02:18 PM
Basketman

I did a quick class using Judy Niemeyer certified instructor and mostly watched ( intimidated beginner) and then did the parts at home...liked the results well enough that I did a king sized pineapple block quilt...and that almost make me loopy with 90 blocks that had to built one at a time! I am slightly handicapped and likely ever so slightly dyslexic...so if I can do it so can anyone. Newsprint seems best...but sometimes getting a print done of the pattern can be an issue if copyrighted and you do not own, or cannot rent a copy machine . As for freezer paper...I use it for some complex curves and when glue basting, seriously a wonderful technique, but I have never used it for an entire block. That whole concept of fold it all, iron on fabrics, sew along side the fold, trim, add more etc etc...well that is sure a lot more complicated than the newsprint way. Oh and another thing...I tossed that add a quarter ruler...tons faster and a 1/4" guesstimation is all you need. So what if it isn't exact, with all those tiny stitches it will never come loose and besides... it is on the back..