Old 08-27-2014, 02:34 PM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sunrise450 View Post
I agree, I love to cut fabric, especially when it is scraps. When I cut for this swap or any other swap, I include myself. So when the swap is complete. like this swap, I will have 1200 little 2" charms. Hopefully all different. A few years back, I hosted a once a month swap for 5" charms for over a year. I used quite a few, made 3 quilts, countless pot holders and table runners. then went on to other things. I still have some of those charms and that is what I am now cutting up. I hope you enjoy these little charms as much as I do.
I finished packaging 12 sets and now on to the Christmas charms. Should have these in the mail tomorrow or the next day.
Have a nice day everyone!
Phyllis
You are on the ball, Phyllis!

Wow, 1200 squares sounds like so much, but it really doesn't go that far when they are this little. I would love to see what we all end up doing with these. Of course, there's nothing wrong with just collecting them, either.

I lucked out and found a box of 2" squares from around 1960, at an estate sale. They are not all different... looks like the lady was cutting up old clothing and keeping the squares to quilt with later, when she had enough. I love the old prints in the box! Some are ugly, but most are darling. Some look like they date back much further than 1960. FUN.