View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 06:30 PM
PlanoDebbie

Does your machine also skip stitches in manual mode vs. stitch regulator mode?

I've had my longarm for 2 years now and have had mixed results with skipped stitches and have gone through changing the needle, adjusting my tension, making sure the quilt top wasn't too taut, bought a bobbin tension gauge, etc. I had only used the stitch regulator on my machine. About a month ago I decided to see what would happen if I switched to the manual mode. Before I called a repairman, I wanted to know if the problem persisted in both manual and auto mode. While I prefer how the stitch regulator "should" work with not stitching unless I'm moving the machine, I was amazed that by switching to manual mode I no longer had skipped stitches and thread breaking.

For me, I think that my skipped stitches in auto mode were due to the rough surface on my conduit pipes that were difficult for the encoders to properly read the movement. My local Home Depot only had one type of conduit pipe that would fit my machine. Not sure if there's an easy way to smooth the surface of these pipes, so.....I shall continue to only work in manual mode from now on.