Old 08-28-2014, 08:23 AM
tlrnhi

Originally Posted by oneteappot View Post
Since I haven't been in this swap, can you tell me a bit more about it. What does everyone put in the boxes? Sounds very interesting! And when do we send out.
You'll get your person's name/addy and such. There will also be a list of "wants/likes" along with it. The basic rule is....4 fat quarters and a gift not to exceed $20. Now, does that mean you have to buy one thing for $20? Nope! You can buy numerous things to equal that amount. Most people will shop, shop, shop now since some things could be on sale. I've seen packages that look as if the person spent tons of money, but in fact, since some shop all year for this swap, they get awesome deals and can pack a package with tons for the $20. Can you go over that amount? Sure you can. Some will, some can't...it's all ok. This is to be fun and not a popularity contest as to who can send the best package.
I've been doing this swap for years and there's always a learning curve to it every year. We have a ton of fun while waiting for names and then again waiting for packages. It's all in good fun.
Ask as many questions as you like. If I don't get to answer your question, someone will. You can private message me also if you'd like.