View Single Post
Old 08-31-2014, 03:56 AM
silverfoxmag

Default New Home

Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
This thread is going on the general assumption that none of us is going to get rich because of the intrinsic values of these machines. It is more about showing that if the machine is one YOU think is worth having, then YOU can restore most anything.

Time + Money + Effort = Success.

Adjust the first three of the formula above as you have resources.

90% Money + 5%Time + 5%Effort (someone else doing the work)
10% Money + 30%Time + 60%Effort (doing it yourself with Skills)
10% Money + 60%Time + 30%Effort (doing it yourself for the first time)
Hi Steve, this is the first time I'm posting here so I'm a novice about all this machine talk so bear with me. I was at a Habitat for Homeless resale store and found a New Home treadle machine in a cabinet which looks like it can be restored, needle does go up and down when treadled, for $150. I would love to post pictures of it but in the past on QB I've been unable to. If someone would talk me through posting pictures saved on my computer (I've read the instructions on how to but don't understand, too old or whatever, probably the whatever in my case. : ) ) I'd love to post them. I know the money will go to a great cause but would it be worth my while to purchase, like I said, I'm a novice and would be in the category of your 10% Money + 60% Time + 30% Effort. Thanks in advance for any and all advice you or any on this thread can give me. Marie