View Single Post
Old 08-31-2014, 06:57 AM
Rodney

Steve isd no longer a member. We'll try to help you out as much as we can.

Posting pictures: It's easy if you have them in your computer. There are some icons above where you write. In the box on the right hand side you'll see a square icon that is third from the left. Click that and follow the directions it gives you.

Appraisals are hard without being directly in front of the machine. The best advice I can give you is look it over thoroughly. Make sure it has it's shuttle and at least one bobbin and the machine is complete. Shuttles can cost as much as an entire machine. Parts get expensive quickly. It sounds like the treadle itself works. Are all the parts present? I don't know about New Home treadles, but Singer treadles often have missing guards on the wheel.

Is there any missing wood on the cabinet? Are the drawers all there? If they have glued on decorations are they complete? How are the top surfaces? Is the veneer glued down nice and flat or is it missing and lifting off?
Be thorough in your assessment and be honest with yourself. If there's a lot of work to be done are you willing to do it? It gets expensive very quickly if you need to pay someone else to restore the woodwork.

In general, for myself in my market, for $150 I would expect a complete working treadle and machine and the woodwork to be in good condition with maybe a few blemishes but no major repairs needed.
I hope this helps,
Rodney

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 08-31-2014 at 06:36 PM.