Thread: suggestions?
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2014, 08:51 AM
Gramie bj

From harbor freight I have: a small ratchet screwdriver with change able heads, slides under the head of my machines to remove the stich plate. handle has a switch for left or right movement, fits in the palm of my hand. Magnet bowels for holding pins on my LA frame. plastic and wire baskets that hang on my peg board, long handle tweezers, blades for rotary cutter, small folding rolling cart to haul things to retreats, and classes, small heads to fit my home vacuum to clean my machines, a 5 foot metal T square works great for a straight edge and to help square up guilt top. From Mary Kay Cosmetics I have small mascara brushes that get into those hard to reach places, from the dollar store I have Elmer's school glue, zipper pencil bags for transporting my rotary cutter, scissors, thread, and other small needed items to classes and retreats, chalk, folding baskets to hold sorted scraps on shelf above cutting area, I trim and sort as I go, Clear plastic box's with lids to hold my WIP"s I keep all fabric needed. pattern, thread, and project in it so when I want to work on it everything is all in one place. From a yard sale, an old wooden folding tv tray that I have padded and covered to use as a mini ironing station by my machine. it's sister sits by my favorite seat and can easily be moved where I want to sit and do hand work, it has pockets attached to the sides to hold things like thread, scissors, and a built in pin cushion on the top corner, the rest of the top is wood to hold whatever else I may need. from home depot 4 paint sticks, what you use to stir your paint. I use these with my LA I hold one on top and one on the bottom of my quilt back (on the sides) attach the clamps to them then adjust clamp tension, it evens out the tension on the back, painters tape for marking rulers, my machines for guide lines, stich lines on quilts, it works great for labels you may want like my project boxes, empty pill bottles with a piece of batting stuffed in the bottom for transporting sewing needles.