Thread: Organizing
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2014, 09:42 AM
MargeD
Power Poster

Other than Christmas, I TRY, notice I said "Try" to keep colors alike, pink, purple, blues, etc. However, no matter how many times I try to do that, I pull fabrics out and then I'm bad about putting them back where they belong. However, I do keep all fabric sent for family reunion quilts together, religiously, so I won't be tempted to use for my own use. I should explain that every 2 years we have a family reunion, and several years ago, I started making quilts - after the first two quilts with asst. family colors, I would pick a theme, red/white/blue, blues/reds/etc. and next year's quilt will be with purple that family members will send to me. I find a great sense of accomplishment when I complete a quilt, and although I have not been lucky enough to win one yet, hope springs eternal. I began it as a way to remember our family and to hopefully have the quilt treasured as a family keepsake; and the quilt is always a hit. Last year's quilt was black/white and it was a gorgeous log cabin quilt. I find that I love the challenge of making a quilt from fabrics I did not buy, and making scrappy quilts - I think it's made me a better quilter, now if I can only keep organized. LOL.