View Single Post
Old 08-31-2014, 09:44 AM
sailsablazin

Default Hand Quilting Frame

Originally Posted by Kwiltr View Post
I've hand quilted on a frame with 4 boards 1" x 2" about 8' long clamped at the corners and the quilt tacked to the boards and the frame propped up by four kitchen chairs on each corner. Then I thought I'd died and gone to heaven when I bought myself the frame in my picture, very similar to the others shown. I liked it because you don't have to baste and you can get your quilt put together square. I liked that I could tilt it to get a better angle more comfortable for quilting. Additionally, I could just roll it around to move it and set it up against a wall to save space. But then I wanted to take my quilt down south for the winter to keep working on it, so I bought a 17" QSnap lap frame, so thread basted the quilt while still on the big frame and then took it off and took it with me and used the lap frame, which I kinda liked having the portability and the ability to sit and quilt anywhere with it. I've since taken up machine quilting so have sold my floor frame or my sister. It was hard to let it go, but I didn't let it go far .
I like the idea of having the frame on wheels. Do you remember the brand of this one?
Looks like I might be able to borrow one before I invest in one to see if I enjoy quilting on a frame.