View Single Post
Old 08-31-2014, 01:51 PM
quiltedsunshine

I used to own a Bernina 1030, and wish I could have kept it, but needed it for trade-in value on my newer Bernina. It is a great machine! And it's completely mechanical. I traded up so I could have the blanket stitch for applique, which the 1030 doesn't have. My 1030 came with 10 presser feet and a nice snap-on accessory box, but not a walking foot. And it did have the knee lift. It also has the foot pedal with the half-stitch (needle up or down), when you push down on the heel end--which I really miss. The only thing that we've had problems with on the 1030's is the light switch. When they come through the shop, we routinely by-pass the light switch so the light is on when the machine is turned on. We've sold a couple used 1030's through the shop for about $450.

A walking foot is awesome! but very expensive. $160 brand new!!! You might find a used one on ebay, but it needs to be the "old style." with the forked top. I use my walking foot for sewing on minky, flannel, machine quilting, binding, vinyls, etc. Once you've used a walking foot, you don't know how you lived without one.