Old 08-31-2014, 03:15 PM
jaba

Originally Posted by Quercus Rubra View Post
Ms.Lori....
I'm in again for the next month. I have been having some rough times around here of late and these wonderful packages give me the pick me up that I need at times.

I go see my doctor on the 8th and we are going to be talking about several things including my thyroid surgery and where we go with my back. I'm afraid that I'm not going to have much choice and will have to consider surgery for that too. It's shaping up to be a really long winter for me.

Ummm so anyways.... I'm off to send you my answers.
Sincerely,
Tricia
Tricia I had thyroid cancer also 3 years ago. I chose the radiation treatment, actually ended up going through it twice. You have to go through the separation from everyone and everything around you but that is what I chose to do, stayed in our camper both times for 11 days totally separated from my husband and my house. Still having problems with getting the medication right, but has alot to do with the MS medication also. My brother chose to have his removed by surgery 1 1/2 years ago. Very long recovery and for the rest of his life a special diet. He followed it to the tee and it is back. Apparently they couldn't get it all and it has spread to his lungs, needless to say he is on a downwards spiral. Not saying this to scare you at all, this is life and I deal with it every day, but please research all your options before you make a decision. I've had 2 neck surgeries and have a steel plate in my neck from C2 -C7, now the lower back has 3 bulging discs....they tell me surgery is in order after having 2 spinals a year for the last 3 years, putting it off as long as I can....going in for another spinal. At least they are worth 6 months of relief. Just want you to make sure of your options before you decide a major surgery.