Old 09-01-2014, 07:16 AM
Butterfli19

Originally Posted by GrammaNan View Post
Two months ago I had a manic day and loaded up bags and bags of fabric, patterns and books and gave them to the Goodwill. I no longer feel overwhelmed or guilty about not using them. I hope it all went to good homes. I have never been able to give things away like that before. I feel so much better now. There are so many free patterns available I don't miss the books and I will purchase my other items as needed from now on.
I did this a few years back, gave away fiberfill, fabrics, yarn and needles, leaflets, sculpy and books and tools, to the local nursing home, they were ecstatic. THAT felt really good. Then I only had an abundance of craft books left, some I bought when dd was born, 27 years ago. Those and others that I bought 'just to buy something' I donated to the local library for their book sale or to stock. Two big copy paper box fulls - yikes! Now I only have what I really love and know that someday, I will and can make.

Originally Posted by solstice3 View Post
I can relate to the fabric. I have gotten rid of a few books when I find a technique I like better. Hope my luck holds out in the craft arena. I did get rid of a large corelle casserole dish and lid that I ended overpaying to replace
oh, I hate that. I've done that a few times but then promised myself that if I get rid of it once I won't go and rebuy. Sometimes it's hard but you really have to trust your back-then judgement.

Originally Posted by Evy View Post
I can relate. I usually keep my magazines for a couple months or so just in case I decide there really was something I want to make, then give them away. I just gave a bunch of magazines to the thrift shop a couple weeks ago and now I've decided I want to make a maple leaf quilt that was on the cover of one of them. Naturally I cannot remember which magazine it was or even the name of the publication. I've finally stopped subscribing to new ones.
The old cross stitch, sewing, and quilting mags I had, I went through and tore out the pages and patterns I wanted to keep and tossed the rest. The ones that remained intact I donated to the town for their annual fair. Now I don't subscribe to any mags because it seems the only thing that changes is the fabric. If the cover of one catches my eye I'll flip through it, but if I don't fall in love with it by halfway through, it goes back on the shelf.