View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 07:21 AM
citruscountyquilter

I have been row by row hopping the last couple of months and have some from 3 states. I did some with a friend who is new to quilting and we had such fun. Every shop I went into had been overwhelmed by the number of patterns they had given out and kits sold. The small shops especially had a hard time keeping ahead of putting together the kits. License plates too were sold out in a flash. This was the first year for many states to participate and so next year if there is one I think they will be better prepared for the onslaught. I haven't begun to put things together yet. I have 21 rows so have to decide how I'm going to combine them and in what. A few I bought the kits for but wanted some continuity of colors in the finished quilt so didn't buy kits everywhere. I did try to buy something from each shop however. So many different personalities in the shops. One was modern fabric, the next reproduction etc.

As I understand it the kits and patterns will be available for sale after Oct. I have a couple in my sights that I would like but were too far away for me to go to the shop.

If you want to see lots of row by row quilts just google row by row and that will take you to sites where there are pictures and more about the program.