View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 09:20 AM
Ginger99

Originally Posted by madamekelly View Post
I have spent a week going from store to store in our little town trying to get some three in one sewing machine oil to start working on this monster. No such luck, none, negative, not gonna happen here. Even Walmart did not have any. While I was bemoaning this problem to the cashier at the local Bi-mart, and an older gentleman turned to me and said "What kind of oil do you need?" I told him sewing machine oil. He said that I could substitute 3 in 1 oil for guns, it is the same thing. Well I bought a spray can of gun oil, cleaner, and lubricant, with a spray nozzle and a narrow tube to attach for spraying into difficult areas. On Monday, my friend is coming over to work on it again, and I really need some of you experts to tell me if this stuff will work, or if I should keep looking.... The 201-2 is completely frozen, nothing on it moves. Thanks for any and all help.
Hi Madame Kelly, you need not worry, You did not hurt the machine. First get all the dirt out , thread, lint etc. , in
around under up and down. take some parts off around the feed dogs, carefully so you know how to put them back.
Then get some kerosene in a medicine dropper and put a few drops where you would normally oil, go by the book
if you have one. Always avoid getting kerosene or oil around any of the electric wiring. If you don't have a book,
roll the machine wheel manually toward you to see where the moving parts are, that's where you need the kerosene, and later the oil.
After the machine becomes looser as you roll the wheel manually towards you (always towards yourself) you can plug
the machine in and gently try the motor. It will start slow at first. After it gets going run , run, run and run some
more. Then use your fine machine oil , I use fine clipper oil myself, but any fine machine oil is o.k. Do all this
without the needle and bobbin in the machine. When you are finished running the machine at high speed, you can
put the bobbin in and needle and thread and watch that beautiful stitch appear.

Last edited by Ginger99; 09-01-2014 at 09:22 AM. Reason: spelling