View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 10:08 AM
KalamaQuilts

haha meanmom, I hate it when Anything creeps up on me

From my observation you have to exercise like a professional athlete to lose serious weight.
Think about what you Do do now, and use this calculator.
https://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc
We don't all burn calories at the same rate because we are different sizes to begin with.

My mantra is small plate smaller servings. So easy to forget in this country of plenty.

All that said, Any exercise is good for our health. Period.
My fitbit reports are always between 22-25 miles a week. Yes, I go out and actually walk (today so far it was 3000 steps around the Port while Rob rode his bike). 10,000 is touted as the goal for healthy activity. So instead of doing that multitasking we all seem to have in our genes, I don't wait until I have 4 things to take upstairs. If I have something in my hand that needs to go up, up I go. That is 26 stairsteps plus walking to and from It all adds up.

Maybe get yourself a couple of really pretty small dish settings. and use them, it will help jog the memory about servings. I love Blue Willow sandwich plate and a small blue Willow oval platter I use. They just make me smile...

I'm not in it for the fabric, I'm using my stash, but I do enjoy sharing our tips and tricks and knowing we aren't going it alone.
Sharyn