Old 09-01-2014, 10:14 AM
Prism99
Power Poster

I had to look up Goddess Sheet on Amazon to see what it is. I iron freezer paper to my ironing board to protect the cover when I am fusing, and I use parchment paper underneath and on top of fusibles while ironing to protect the iron and the ironing board. Both freezer paper and parchment paper are inexpensive, last a long time, and I can cut them to whatever size I need. Can't see the advantage to using a Goddess Sheet.

Will be interested to see if anyone has used Polly Paper for applique. I have used freezer paper for years. Freezer paper doesn't leave a residue that I have been able to detect. For $9.99, I could buy an awful lot of freezer paper.

Some people like the Supreme Slider, some don't.

In my opinion, the Sew Steady table is tremendously over-priced even without shipping. Creating your own table a la the Youtube videos on how to do this with styrofoam (I can post links later, if you like) would be both much less expensive and better for quilting.

I have a lot of Thangles. I do like them for creating triangles, but now that I have an Accuquilt Go! it's less work to make triangles that way. I would use Thangles now only for complex patterns that require exquisitely perfect piecing -- not something I often do.

Not sure about the lights. I have been able to light my sewing areas without any specialty lighting.

To be honest, I have gotten past buying a lot of stuff from catalogs. I have drawers full of gadjets and specialty items that I never use.