Old 09-01-2014, 05:42 PM
Cari-in-Oly
Banned

Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
Cari: Thanks, it's just an idea at this point. I'm currently sitting on a couple extra cabinets too. It might be a fun concept to try, kind of like the universal treadle setups people have made. I want to be able to use every machine I own at some point-at least in theory-and it would be more convenient. I think I will start building my boxes to a standard size. Even if it doesn't go further than that, it'll simplify construction. We all have our favorites or go-to machines but I've also come to the conclusion that the only thing harder on a machine (not just sewing machines) than using it is letting it sit too long.
If you want to try one out I'd be happy to repair your cabinet and install a tray to set cases in for you.
Rodney
Thanks for the offer but I have a favorite cabinet I switch my Japanese machines in and out of and one for my Singers. I love the knee lever in them. I also have one of those generic folding flat bed tables for machines in a case. I just thought since you were talking about modifying one, and this one has already had some done to it and it's such a pretty one, not like those ugly(to me anyway) wicker front Kenmore ones that are so common(I have one of those too)and it's a small one.[ATTACH=CONFIG]490029[/ATTACH]Maybe I should just hang on to all this stuff and give it all away when/if we PNW'ers ever have the get together.

Cari
Attached Thumbnails s5032100.jpg