Old 09-02-2014, 04:24 AM
got2ryd

Default Advice for beginner please: is this a good deal?

So I'm finding that my new hobby taken up while I can't ride my horses is *almost* as expensive as my horses. I cannot believe how much material costs! Yikes! Anyway, I found someone who is selling their "quilting workshop" as they describe it. I was mainly looking for material but this lot includes a Pfaff 7550. I've been sewing on a 20+ year old Babylock which I like (I think I like it, LOL, as I don't know anything different).

I was curious if anyone could give me any advice on this machine? The woman told me she had a local shop "rebuild and service" the machine last month and gave her a year (transferrable) warranty. Within the package, she's basically asking $500 for the machine. She said the machine was used for quilting. Other than the built in walking foot, would this machine suffice for beginner to intermediate-type projects? Does this seem like a fair price? I've Googled reviews on this machine and have only found a couple. I realize it's older....$500 still seemed a bit high?

Thank you for a newbie!!