View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 05:27 AM
citruscountyquilter

I heard on the weather channel that it would be a colder than normal winter in the East and MidWest but the West would be normal to warmer. They are predicting less snow for the snow belts however because the temperature of the Great Lakes was colder this summer because of last year's winter freeze. The prevailing winds come from the west across the Great Lakes and since the water temperature is warmer than the air at that point it picks up moisture and then dumps it in the form of snow as it reaches the colder land mass. This is why the West coast of Michigan and places like Buffalo NY get so much snow. I lived in SW Michigan for years before moving to Florida and my children still live there. Rarely is the amount of snow an issue for getting around as they keep things plowed well unless you are on secondary rural roads which are not as high a priority in a snowstorm. The challenge is keeping the end of your driveway clear of the heavy chunky snow the snow plow leaves when it goes through. There is no perfect place to live. It's either too hot, too cold, too rainy, earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes and such. Love where you are at the moment. Life is much better that way.