Old 09-02-2014, 05:49 AM
tessagin
Power Poster

My niece wanted to learn to sew. Went to Hancock's and got a Janome. Paid about $50.00 for it. She does everything on that machine. She's 10. I wouldn't get one she wouldn't want to sew on. The Janome she has is easy to work with. The manual is an easy read. The only thing I made her do was to thread the machine and take the bobbin in and out a couple times. This is not at all computerized. She left it at her Gma's (my sister) house. Gma has used it and loves it. Niece has made pillow cases, pillows, drawstring purse. I was not going to spend a lot of money if she was not going to show much interest. This machine is great for piecing. For $50.00 It has been worth the money. And by taking care of it, it'll do the trick for now. I think it would be a great machine for a 7 year old. This one is something I would take to a guild to use. It isn't real loud either. She comes over once in awhile when I call and let her know I have scraps she may want. She has made a quilt for her cat and her dog. I would go and check it out.