View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 06:08 AM
JaniceC

I have an Avante, purchased in March 2013, which I am NOT very pleased with. One of the reasons I purchased it, over other brands, was the proximity of the quilting store selling them. I thought I needed, and wanted, that local support. Well, within 6 months of my purchase, that store stopped representing the company and now represent another manufacturer. The store who took over has very little experience with long arm machines, and are not able to offer hands on support.
As I am in Canada, the support from HQ themselves is also different than in the US. They won't ship to Canada, so any little thing I need - bobbins, bobbin case, stylus etc. etc - I have to order through the 'new' quilt shop, and then go there to pick it up.
I am not trying to convince you one way or the other. I would only suggest that you try using as many different machines as possible and then make your decision based on what feels right to you. If you feel you will want, and need hands-on support, then make sure you understand where and how you will get it.
Good luck in your decision.