Old 09-02-2014, 07:48 AM
mckwilter

If I want to get rid of fabric, I give it to the guilds I belong to or to my sister. In return, I get things like sewing machine mats, pot holders, microwave bowl holders, tissue holders, etc., that I then gift to other people.

I went through a similar phase a few years ago, then found out it wasn't a phase -- I have a thyroid condition called "Graves Disease", which is an auto-immune disease where the thyroid speeds up. I didn't have any energy or desire to do anything. I would drag myself through my workday, then go home and sit in the recliner. I finally got tired of being tired all the time and went to the doctor. The thyroid was the first test he ran, and he sent me to an endocrinologist. Since then, I've been on several medications, then had radioactive iodine therapy. I now take supplemental thyroid hormones and am back to "normal." If your slump last longer than a month or so, please get yourself checked out. Mine lasted for almost a year, and I was miserable. My solution wasn't simple and it took 4 years to straighten everything out, but I'm now sewing, crafting and spending time with friends and family, where before I was just a bump on a log.

Even if your problem is a vitamin deficiency, your doctor can do blood tests and tell you exactly what you need.

Originally Posted by maryellen2u View Post
Right now I am in a real slump. I wish someone would come in and take ALL my stuff away. I feel like I never want to look at it or even think about the thousands of projects I intend to do. All this stuff becomes a burden at some point. I just want it purged!

Last edited by mckwilter; 09-02-2014 at 07:52 AM.