Old 09-02-2014, 04:39 PM
Marsh

Default I WAS making son a Bargello, but he wants a San Diego Charger Quilt

And - can I find a quilt pattern that is good for a football quilt- NO. I'd like to make a large star (not block of stars) with a center square where I could fussie cut out of the Chargers NFL fabric for center. I have been searching for 3 hrs on the internet. Do any of you have any ideas. Think I'll just keep the Bargello for myself.

I initially thought I could buy a flag or banner using that for the center and working around that. But they are all made out of polyester or vinyl- so that's out. I've searched the Team shop etc. - NaDa. There is really only one fabric - NFL Team Fabric either in cotton or flannel - for the Chargers.

The only thing I can think to do is just cut random blocks and sash, and maybe do patch blocks for a variety. That would be really ordinary, but I'm an ordinary quilter. The Bargello really took me out of my comfort zone. LOL
So wonderful quilters here, do you have any ideas for me? Oh, and I've never made triangles etc. but I know a star block would require that. If I can find one, I'll just buy a lot of extra fabric to cover errors.

Thanks you.. Marcia