Old 09-03-2014, 06:16 AM
quiltin-nannie

Originally Posted by Bneighbor View Post
The IRS will never call you to tell you that you owe taxes. They also will not ask you to pay over the phone. They always send a letter. Sometimes several, if you do not respond. There would come a time when they send a registered letter, as they want a paper trail to document their process. But, that is why we retain a good accountant, to take of these things.
Microsoft will not call you either. It is hard enough to get them on the phone when you do need help, so them calling you out of the blue, is pretty slim. I got the call last week. I told them my kitchen window always sticks, so they need to come out and fix it. Confused the not-so-good-English-speaking man on the other end of the line. Lol, every time he said it was about my Windows computer, I would say my computer is fine, it's my kitchen window that I had a problem with. Finally told him that I liked fruit, that is why that silver box had an apple on it. He hung up.
Unfortunately, they only need one person to take the scam and either give them a credit card or open their computer and give these slime balls access to that computer. The elderly seem to be taken easily.
Love your answer! I may have to borrow that the next time I get called!