View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 07:38 AM
themachinelady

I don't know of any app or program for the computer. Would be more interested in one for the computer than the phone as I think the inventory would probably overwhelm the phone. As for not wanting to know the cost, one needs to make a record of costs, for any insurance claim. They will want to know what you paid for it, when you bought it, etc., so the more records you can have the better as to the costs of everything so you can verify and prove your claim. When you get this all listed, make a copy of it and put it in a bank box or at a couple of your kids houses, so you have a copy off site in case of a fire. Now, have I done all this, no I haven't and I worked for an insurance company for 31 years. Kind of like the shoe cobbler whose family has no shoes, but having worked in the claims end of things, know the more records you have of what you have is better. Pictures are wonderful, but you also need prices of everything as well. Also, when you file a claim, keep a copy of any papers, lists, etc., you fill out so that if they come back and ask you the same question later, you can give the same answer. If you have different answers, they can question why.

I know most of us would rather not know what we have spent, as it would probably shock us into a heart attack, but if you ever have to replace it or justify it to the insurance company you need all the information you can have believe me.

Now, having said all this don't do as I do, do as I say ha ha! I keep thinking I will get this all done, but don't ever seem to get around to doing it. Maybe one of these days, but for all you highly organized people out there it is something to give some consideration to.

Now, happy quilting to everyone.