Old 09-03-2014, 05:57 PM
Dolphyngyrl

Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
I do machine applique with paper back fusible A Lot! And use my "perfect scissors" they are wonderful and cutting the paper has not dulled or done any other damage to the scissors. The paper used on fusible products is not the same as notebook paper, newsprint or paper sacks. I love, love,love those scissors. I use them on wools with freezer paper too, they are always the ones I grab for any/all applique projects, still as great and sharp as the day I bought them.I can not even imagine the thousands of applique shapes they have cut for me so far; fusible, freezer paper, cotton, wool, corduroy, denim, microfiber, suede... They handle what ever I need to cut and stay sharp
Thanks Ckcowl I have 2 pair and always wondered this, love mine and am glad to hear they work fine on paper. I am taking a paper piecing class by carol doak and she uses her scissors and rotary cutters for both paper and fabric and says they don't dull them, and she has been quilting for a lot of years, makes me wonder if it is one of those myths