View Single Post
Old 09-04-2014, 08:25 AM
PenniF

Default You've been BOO'd

This is such a cute idea i thought i'd share it with you all - and maybe start a new tradition in some neighborhoods.

My DD and family live in a fairly new, fairly young neighborhood. LOTS of kids in this development.

They have a Halloween tradition called "Being BOO'd". You make up a bag of goodies. Doesn't have to be expensive - ( i think in their neighborhood there is a $10 or so limit) just some Halloween stuff and maybe candy or snacks - the Dollar Store is a great source. Getting the kids involved in picking out the things for the bags is fun in and of itself.

Inside the bag you also put a sheet of paper on which you've printed "I'VE BEEN BOO'd"....with instructions to put this in the front window or hang on the door to let others know that this house has already been given a present. (although sometimes you still get BOO'd more than once because of special friends) There is also a note that asks that you
1)"pass on the fun" and BOO someone else in the neighborhood
2) include the "pass it on" note in your BOO bag
3) supply an I'VE BEEN BOO'd sign
- and any information about the $$ limit.

Then - after dark - you and your kids go to the house you want to "BOO" and leave the bag - ring the doorbell - and run away / hide so they don't know who "BOO'd" them.

The kids have a great time with this every year. Hope maybe it will inspire some fun in your neighborhood / or with your kids or grand-kids if you want to "BOO" them yourself.