View Single Post
Old 09-05-2014, 01:36 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
I was using a browser app on my iPad...DOLPHIN browser. I could not delete the message, so I uninstalled it. Funny it claimed a security breach by my SAFARI browser, but I wasn't using that one. The reverse phone search shows the # originating in U.S. I have digital phone service -- no long distance charges. Just puzzles me what they wanted to accomplish with the spam.
You should Never, Never respond to such messages! You gave them access/permission to your phone # by calling the number, and you stated you knew it was (false) since it was not referring to the browser you were even using. Scammers are very good at what they do. We have to be very *proactive* to protect our information - that includes Never calling/responding to ads that are mysterious/unsolicited/threatening. What they accomplish when you call is access to a lot of information searchable through your phone records plus you verified the number for them, Which gives them access to use it. The scam, number, and information should be reported. You can do that on line. Visit the site of the (Attorney General) in your state there is a form to fill out to report the scam -- reporting helps protect you from future problems associated to this incident, it also helps the authorities track (and hopefully catch) these scams. Anytime you fall victim to a phone or internet scam take the time to report it.