Old 09-05-2014, 08:11 AM
luvstoquilt301

Some may disagree about what I am about to write but it is how I feel.

This is my hobby and my fun time. If I am working on a project that is causing me unhappiness, stress and such--I am not going to keep on working on it. I always make one block if the quilt is going to have all the same blocks. If I do not enjoy making it that is the end of it. I always make these red white and blue so they can later be worked into a sampler type quilt unless they are a hot mess. They they become stuffing for dogs beds.

I took an all day class and did NOT like the blocks. I managed to make 4 and that was enough for the center of a Veteran quilt.

The only types of UFOs--really more of a work in progress-- I have are maybe blocks of the month or perhaps a very precise type sewing (which I rarely do)
and need a break in between blocks. My sewing room is small and I do not want alot of stuff taking up space that does not bring me joy.

You are smart to have a plan for these types of projects. I mailed some things off to an internet friend who turns unwanted projects into wonderful charity quilts before I came up with a system that works for me.