View Single Post
Old 09-05-2014, 11:05 AM
Billi

Wow sounds like its time to declutter for your own sanity.

Go through it all if you love it want and have room for it keep it, if not its time for it to have a new home by selling it, giving it, or pitching it.

Its your stuff you get to choose the way that suits you to get rid of it. Don't keep anything out of guilt "it was a gift from a child, sibling loved one" it has served its purpose now it's time is up. Once you get started it gets easier with each item that goes into the pile.

I know when I did this the first time I felt so much better about my self and my things then later when it was time to do it again and it was much easier the second time.

The hard part is convincing your family and friends to no longer gift you with every quilt and sewing item that comes along. What worked for me was to tell them I love that they think of me but I feel bad when I can't, won't or don't use thier gifts so please if you want to give me something give me flowers or a plant, lets spend time together like sharing a meal, or going to the movies, a play or concert. Cook me dinner or take me to a ball game, the park or a museum. That many options gave them lots of choices and I am no longer the recipient of all the stuff i maynot use or stuff someone else didn't want either.

Good luck