Old 09-06-2014, 04:06 PM
TwinRiverFarm

Last year some of the QB members participated in 2 swaps, sort of a "One Quilter's Trash is Another's Treasure". We packed a medium box with scraps, YFO's, uglies, orphan blocks, etc., and swapped them for someone else's stuff. It was my favorite swap ever, and had an amazing result. I work at a Free Clinic, and we were moving into a new building at the time. Our director mentioned that our mission was like quilters who took unwanted, torn, hurt fabrics and helped them heal and patched them up into beautiful, warm and useful family heirlooms. So I went to those swap boxes and found some 4 patches in them. I started sewing scrap to scrap, and soon had a beautiful 84" by 84" quilt, and even the batting was scraps sewn together. I gave it to the clinic, thinking it could be raffled for fundraising. Instead it was hung in our new conference room and featured in our grand opening press release!
So go ahead and give up on UFO's and projects you dislike. Pass them on and someone else will possibly see in them an answer. Or just forget your original vision and try another direction.