View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 06:59 PM
bj

I'm sure there are others on here better at this than me, but here's what I think. Keep in mind I like to work with a little bigger measure and trim if needed.
Whirling Geese: the center square needs to be 4.5" and the goose blocks need to use 8.5 x 4.5 rectangles with corner triangles that are 4.5" squares.
Yankee Puzzle: To make one of the little blocks, start with four 7.5" squares 2 light and 2 dark. Put a light square with a dark square, right sides together and make 2 halfsquare triangles (trim to 7" square). Do the same with the two other light/dark 7.5" squares. Take two of the half square triangles and put them right sides together where lights are opposite darks. Use the same procedure to make two more half square triangles, making sure your diagonal seam across the back intersects the seam you already made. Trim to 6.5". When you open them you should have 2 of the little X blocks. Repeat the process with the other two half square triangles. You should end up with 4 of the little X blocks, each measuring 6.5". I hope this makes sense.