Old 09-07-2014, 06:34 AM
Sewnoma

I agree with Toni C -that's a lovely quilt top and even though you're thoroughly DONE with it I am positive you'll find someone who would love to take it and finish it! You did so much beautiful work on it.

It's amazing to me how various people's tastes are. I've seen quilts that I thought were awful and others gushed over it; and I've been presented with "ugly" quilts that I instantly loved. My own taste wavers too, right now I have an unfinished quilt - I finished the top but decided it's ugly and haven't gotten around to finishing it up. But every time I pull it out and look at it, I hate it a little less. LOL I WILL finish it eventually, and when I'm done...it will probably go to charity. It's not poorly made or made with shoddy materials, I just don't really like the color combo I chose. Odds are that SOMEONE will like it, though.

We recently had ladies from a couple of the local charities that my guild donates to come and talk to us about how our quilts are appreciated and loved and there were several damp eyes in the room. It renewed my desire and commitment to make more charity quilts this year (the guild year starts in Aug). I did 2 baby quilts last year; this year I want to do at least 2 baby & 2 twin size AND I want to try to make all 4 of them either gender-neutral or masculine. Both women mentioned that they don't get enough masculine quilts and I like masculine styles so that should be easy!