View Single Post
Old 09-07-2014, 12:46 PM
misoop

Originally Posted by Debbie B View Post
Did you use black in both quilts? I wondered what it would look like in lighter, brighter colors. Would love to see a picture of your quilts. Always fun to see how fabric can make the same pattern look different.
Debbie, I did use black in both quilts. I have posted a picture on the quilt board of the first one, some time ago. I just found it under "My latest finish.......Twigs and berries, I think" I couldn't remember the name of the quilt until someone reminded me that it was Twigs and sprigs. I don't know how to move that picture to your thread that you've started. Since I didn't want this quilt to be square, I did the appliques on the top and bottom and made a more narrow side border without the applique. I haven't quilted my second one, which has the exact same fabrics, but I did put the applique borders all the way around....just made the quilt one row of blocks longer. I'll post a picture of my second one when I get it quilted or sooner, if needs be. I don't think (in my mind's eye) that it would be a pretty in anything but black. Maybe not....just trying to visualize.