View Single Post
Old 09-07-2014, 04:17 PM
J Miller

Originally Posted by vintagelady View Post
Joe,
If you can change the iso and shutter speed on your camera you can eliminate a lot of the editing you do afterwards. Also if you change (if you can) the setting that shows a lightbulb you will the see the difference on the viewer.
Maria
Maria,

Thanks. When my camera is on "P" for Program the ISO is set at 100. The picture size is still 640x480, but when it's on auto the camera chooses the ISO and everything else. This thing is just a small computer and it baffles me for the most part. I still haven't figured out how to find, let alone change the shutter speed. I had just began to learn how to do that on my old Canon AE-1 when I got the digitals. They are totally different and I am not cognizant of their idiosyncrasies.
I do have an owners manual but it is written for a computer literate camera geek, which I am not.

I never could figure how how to make my Canon Rebel 2000 or the D-60 SLRs work. So they spent their time on auto.

Were it not for spending so much time on the internet I'd still be using my film cameras.

Joe