View Single Post
Old 09-08-2014, 06:06 AM
IQ2

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...e-t135936.html

Hi Rachel--I'm pretty much a newbie also---I've been quilting for about 5 years and slowly learning so much--mainly from this board. I cut my fabrics for whatever pattern I'm doing, but then I cut scraps that would be too small to do anything else with into 2" squares or 3" strips that I'm collecting (for who know's what!). I leave larger scraps intact, to use for applique or small sewing projects. Check out Bonnie Hunter's Blog Bonnie Hunters Quiltville. She's the queen of scrap quilts. She also publishes lots of books of scrap quilt patterns. Also the link I posted above is a Quilting Board thread in the Pictures Forum that's been going on for several years. It's pictures of scrap quilts posted by members. I've been looking at the pictures for months and haven't gotten through it yet, but you can surely get an idea about working with scraps.
It's great that you're looking to stretch yourself "outside the box". That's part of the fun of this wonderful hobby...and this board is so giving and wonderful to help do just that.
Welcome!