View Single Post
Old 09-08-2014, 07:37 PM
Jim's Gem

Today is the first anniversary of the death of my father. It is also my Mother in law's birthday. Yes, he died on her birthday.
I drove down to Mom's Friday afternoon. She's about 100 miles south of us (with Los Angeles in the middle) We went and laid flowers on his grave. I polished up the headstone (it had some tire tracks on it across the picture) My two older daughters and four grands made it too. It was really hard to get the grandbabies to not dance on his grave. They are 3, 2 1/2 and 19 mos. They thought is was fun to dance on it after I cleaned it off. They have to idea. My mom didn't see them on it.
Saturday my girls and the 3 toddlers went to the lake with mom, Dh and I went over to his mom's house taking the baby with us. Then they all came over to him mom's as well as my DD#3 and DD#2's DH (they drove down together) My sil and her dh and son and his girlfriend all came up from San Diego and we cooked her dinner and had a couple of cakes and sang happy birthday.
I called my mom today and she spent some more time at the cemetery. She's feeling kinda sad and lonely.
Of course I ate too much both Friday night and Saturday and also ate a piece of Carrot cake. I was a bad girl.
We drove back Sat evening cause my husband, a pastor, works on Sundays.
I still need to get my FQ out. I was feeling kinda dizzy today. I felt I was listing to the right when I was walking around. I ended up staying home and wasting time playing on the computer. Got in a little sewing. but was bad and did not get the FQ in the mail

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!