Old 09-08-2014, 09:07 PM
xxxxxxxxxx

I tried 3 x's to load the before photo. It won't do it..

Do a visual of this machine with about 17% of it's paint and decals left..

It's a 1916 or 1918 singer 16 - 188 . I bought for $100 complete with the table, and working, very well used.. later for a $100 again with table an other 16 - 188 that is a 1954 is just black with the gold singer on the arm. This make over started in 2007 , it took over a year to just get the Black on it..

why you say ? because of using rustolium 2 x paint. since that stuff came out I used it several times with the same results. That is on the 2nd coat it will wrinkle all to ****. I went back to regular ol rusty O. gotta love Chinese paint .

The machine isn't finished, I need to get new paint pens , finish the greens and reds. fill in the gold breaks on singer. The industrial's have totally different graphics, than there domestic's had.

My fix was to used stencils , finally found that kylon gold leaf paint was a close match to singers shade of gold.. these stencils are martha stewart, to get a even close design of what was on here, it would have taken 5 packs on those. They cost $10 per pack, SOOOO ewwww. I bought one.

This is what I came up with.. now it could have been painted to look like a pink horse..

Attached Thumbnails 100_8657.jpg