Old 09-09-2014, 04:14 AM
grant15clone

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Hi everyone, hey a quick question. I have been trying to find a bobbin case for a Singer 301a. Every one of the bobbin cases I get says they will work on a 221, 222, 301, or 301a, but I am finding out that is not the case. The bobbin cases that will work on a 221, 222 sometimes stick when you try to use them on a 301. I talked to a repair shop and was told that to get a bobbin case for a 301 or 301a, you really need to get one from an actual 301, or 301a . . . . . not the generic bobbin cases that claim to work - because they can/usually do stick when you try to sew with them. Have any of you had this probem?

Nancy
My understanding on this is, There were two different hook assemblies made for these machines with just the slightest of differences between the two. I will call them "A" and "B". Design A can work with both A and B but Design B will only work with B. There is no good way to tell them apart either AND the new replacement ones do not fit all machines correctly. Buying an original would be the best way to find one that would fit and work in your machine, but I would want to try it in the machine first before buying it.
~G~