View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 07:34 AM
oldtnquiltinglady

This post brings to mind a gigantic mistake I made recently. I have had a pre-cut roll of fabric that I bought at a recent quilt show that my sister and I attended--I forgot what it was called, but a whole roll that was supposed to be used to make a quilt something like 60x76. Anyhow, I would occasionally pick it up and think to myself that it was not a good sized quilt, so I'd put it back down and go on to something else. Also, it was in the new "this year's colors and combinations" and most of the time I am not into that train of thought when I am constructing a quilt In my mind.

Well, one day, the GD said to me "why don't you do something with this Grannie, it is pretty"--so got me thinking, I can cut some 2-l/12 strips and we can make her something out of it. And cut that ENTIRE roll into 2-1/2 strips.

They are now in a small plastic box waiting for me to do something with them.....WHAT?

Normally, I am one to cut, lay out, and sew one strip of the quilt that I am currently working on. Keeps me motivbated, and it isn't too hard to sit still long enough to do one strip of a quilt at a time, 4-1/2 square, surrounded by 2-1/2 x 4-1/2 strip, with 2-1/2x2-1/2 square at each corner of the 4-1/2' square. Get the picture. Turns out great and I can also get lots of laundry, dishes, cooking, reading, napping in between.