View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 10:02 AM
omak

Just as an update ... I received the pattern, and was hmmm ... shocked seems like such an overstatement, disgusted might not be so harsh ... bewildered!
Bewildered at how incomplete the instructions were.
I got everything, but it would NOT be the first thing I taught a student to produce ... and, the pattern is ... well, for crying outloud!
There are a LOT better ways to write the pattern ... it was about like my chicken scratching when I am taking notes on Quilt in a Day, for just my personal use ...
I am being harsh ... I apologize ... but, we will be working through it together, so I will quit my grousing and start putting things in order for tomorrow's mystery quilt and maybe even get in on a sale at the LQS on Saturday ... sleeping in four hour spurts does cut into one's productivity, but the upside is:
I can take time to think without having those basic daily needs demands interrupting me <g>
Anyone else joining us on this one?
Basically, this thread will be a conversation ... if you want specific measurements, best go order the pattern <g>
the whole thing may end up in a tutorial, but at this point, it is just a conversation about an intricate pattern that will be beautiful, once all the pieces get put together (and, totally out of my comfort zone - - but, hey! This is how I learn ;-)