View Single Post
Old 09-10-2014, 05:56 AM
SusanSusan33

Originally Posted by QuiltingHaven View Post
Okay, on the "Stain Glass" Quilt, when I got done, it didn't have enough blocks to make it the dimensions specified. So, I figured I had made a mistake in my layout of the blocks. Soooooo, I added additional strips and then the size was correct. It is done. This is the picture of it laying on the floor before I had it ready for the long arm quilter. I took it to the long arm quilter and she thought it was beautiful. I am in the process of sewing on the binding by hand. But, learning from all of you great quilters, I just punted. Will check for corrections in the future. I have marked the corrections in all the "Block" books that I have and just keep a quilting on! I will post a picture after I get it finished.
Gorgeous quilt!! This is one of the patterns that I really want to try in the books. At this point i have soo many books/magazines that have post it note flags in them for future quilts...

I decided to cancel my subsciption to Block. There are only so many hours in the day and working full time only allows me to quilt a limited time. I wasn't all THAT gaa-gaa over the designs. I do like reading Jenny's writing as will miss that, but my finances aren't such that I can afford a subscription if I'm not going to make lots of quilts from the book.