View Single Post
Old 09-10-2014, 06:52 AM
roguequilter

Originally Posted by Wunder-Mar View Post
Two friends of mine each bought a Toni Whitney quilt kit and gave them both to ME to quilt for a very dear "sister by another mother" friend, whose birthday is mid-November. I am an intermediate quilter of 20+ years and have used the paper-backed fusible webbing for years. They want me to use Misty Fuse because it's softer. I have no idea how to use this stuff without the paper backing. Tips, anyone? [THANK YOU!]
first ..i agree w jan ..i thought maybe you posted pics w your comment. second i am a new to misty fuse user. after a lot of raw edhe & tirned machine applique last several months doing a project w several friends i finally got comfortable w misty fuse. i like it. i don't like waste ..i use scraps ..usually the fabric piece not enough to allow waste. i pin large piece of parchment paper to my tabletop ironing board. i cut out mt fabric shapes. i position scraps of misty fuse on wrong side of fabric, trying to not overlap. carefully place small piece of parchment paper over fabric & misty fuse. press gently according to misty fuse instructions. mistyfuse includes instruction for use, plus tips. it is basically the same fusible webbing we used years ago called stitch witchery, tho a bit lighter & less dense. i like the stuff and i don't ​like fising. i prefer needleturn.